Experience in LFT


One day my friend asked me to go to rajiv chowk for the meeting of an organisation and said that if you do the event you will get a certificate. I neglected it and went out with my friends elsewhere. But one of my friends went there and he told me what was the event(ADAR). I thought it’s a 10 days work let me do it and I will get a certificate. I did the event and each day thought should I also take membership of this NGO-LEADERS FOR TOMORROW? Then the  last day I took the membership thinking it is just a matter of 50 rs and will have fun with my friends during events and will aso get a certificate. The situation was such that I need to take a little responsibility and I became the head of LFT team in my college and when I was told my work I was in a state oh god why I have taken this responsibility and when other members didn’t showed their interest in the orientation class I started asking others to take this responsibility but no one agreed and to run this group in our college I said ok let me do it for this year now and next year il handle it to someone else or close the group. One of the other reasons for my this thinking was the comments by others and even my friends that “ isse to bas lft lft karalo, jab msg bhejega lft.”
Then came the time of organising ADAPT. After a lot difficulties we got the permission from college and even the funds to plant specific species of plants. Since the teachers day was also approaching, the college authorities asked to organise adapt along with teachers day function. Me and my friend Anuj took this responsibility and I divided the work to the OC members, to buy saplings, make posters etc. and even asked the college students to organise a play and a song for the function. Then came the turn to invite all the teachers, management authorities and the senior faculty like director etc. Although it was very tiring but I enjoyed it a lot as I got the opportunity to get myself recognised to everyone in the college and even could order the students which happened just because I was the head of LEADERS FOR TOMMOROW group in my college. This was the moment when I was happy to become head and handle responsibility and a power came that yes I can do it.
Then came the day of the event and it was a success and hearing from everyone, teachers, director as well students made me feel great.  Also planting trees made me internally feel good that I have done something nice which is not for my benefit. It was really a great day for me and a sweet memory for my life.
I again thanx LFT for giving me a platform(whose meaning I understood now). 
- Shitiz Arora