Centre: Jhamghat Children’s home (Girls),Saket

The past six weeks at IYM have been an amazing experience.  The games, the story telling and the activities that we conducted with them lead to an interactive session everytime.  This  helped the kids as well as us to develop our soft skills. The kids may not have the comforts of life like we do, yet they dream big. Some dream to become doctors, some teachers and some want to be there as a support to their parents.  The kids are enthusiastic and full of energy, and are always ready to learn new things.  I have had an amazing experience with them and i look forward to have more experiences like this.  Will surely miss them. 
Saniya Monga 

Centre: Jamghat, Saket

The whole experience of visiting the children and spending time with them was amazingly wonderful for me.
After I attended the first session I felt what if the kids don't recognize me when I come next week, but the way they ran up to us saying "ye meri didi hai"  was just so fulfilling and that
added to my excitement level.  They made us feel loved in their own special way.

These kids at Jamghat children home are so cute, enthusiastic, active and full of spirits and have potential of becoming exceptionally successful.
We imparted whatever knowledge we could to them and proceeded with playing some games and narrating them stories.
The best part about all the Sessions was that every time we had an Introductory round and they introduce themselves in English. Little they knew how to speak but they used to manage and never felt shy.
Even though the 6 week long cycle ended, we have all accomplished our aim and in the process, learnt a lot about life from these little angels! :)
I would definitely like to thank IYM for giving me such a chance to meet these wonderful kids!!
We are really going to miss their shining faces, winning smile and the time spent here of course!
- Ketaki batura

Centre: Saket

The seven weeks experience i had with at the igniting young minds session cannot probably be expressed in words. I was just a fresher at college this year when i decided to join LFT. When my college co-ordinator told me about the IYM initiative I was highly motivated by it. I started continuously following all updates, attended meetings and instantly felt in love with the ideas and it evoked the social consciousness inside me. I had always wanted to do something but never really got the platform to do so, but LFT provided me with the platform. I was chosen to be the core team member for the Saket centre, Jamghat .The seven weeks I spent with those kids were one of the best days of my life and i mean it. No matter how bad your day was, but when you reached the centre and saw those kids eagerly running towards you and calling out our names, all the tiredness just vanished. It is amazing to see all the enthusiasm the kids have in them and the ability to learn in them. Most of us just take our studies as a burden, but it is so disheartening to see those kids wanting to learn so much, but most of them are not able to. I am glad that me and my team of volunteers could bring about a little change in their lives. We taught them stuff on personal hygiene, manners, spellings, some dance moves, played with them, read out stories to them and much more.
All it took was one hour of all the volunteers and I would appreciate the enthusiasm of all volunteers who took out time and decided to make a difference in the lives of these kids. All I would like to say is seeing a smile on the faces of those children and the feeling of knowing that we made a difference in someone’s life is just priceless.
- Sakshi Mittal