Experience at LFT


It was really nice to work as LFT representative in Roorkee. I have learned so many new things through this program and used my semester break in a better way. When i joined LFT in my college, my motive was to enhance my communication skills and under this program I had to visit different organisation, meet people of different age groups- juniors, senior and my peers. So I learnt how to work with different people.
 Under this program we have to search for event venues , so it had  also increased my geographical knowledge about my home town. Besides this I got to know so many new friends from different colleges and it also improved my management skills, as being a host, I have to manage the events. I have read it on LFT wall that " The only training for leadership is leadership" and I had learnt it practically through this program.
I would also like to mention about our events. All the three event were luckily on such nice dates i.e. ADAPT on x-mas, Cleanathon on new year’s eve and both these  events made these two special days memorable for me and also lengthened my 2011"s "good task list". 
The last event was "Visit for Compassion". I started my new year with this event. It was the first time I visited a place like this. We got the opportunity of being guest for their new year assembly and asked about themselves, answered their queries. Through this visit l learned how to live happily even if you are not as lucky as others. Hence it was a really great experience for me.
 I really feel happy when people appreciate me for these events and say " tum to bahut acha kaam kr rahe ho".
YEP was really nice program for me.  I enjoyed it alot  and feel proud to be a part of it.
I thank LFT for introducing me to such a nice program.
- Swati Panwar